- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Lionsgate has sold the Charlie Sheen-starring sitcom Anger Management to Comedy Central India.
India’s 24/7 comedy channel picked up the exclusive broadcast rights from Lionsgate International Television.
The Lionsgate sitcom, which has a 90-episode order from FX and CTV in Canada, has also been sold to Latin America, the UK, Scandinavia, Australia/New Zealand, Germany, Benelux, Poland, Spain and South Africa.
In the U.S., Debmar Mercury also sold Anger Management into syndication with the Fox station group.
The comedy is based on the 2003 film of the same name, and is produced by Lionsgate Television in conjunction with Revolution Studios, Evolution Entertainment, Mohawk Productions and Estevez Sheen Productions.
The Indian TV deal was arranged by Rohit Tiwari at Morris St. Advisors, Lionsgate’s partner and agent in India.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day