- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Charlize Theron has been hitting red carpets all over the world to promote her two films, Prometheus and Snow White and the Huntsman. The actress, however, now looks significantly different from the way she looked at those premieres; She’s still got her stellar sense of style, but her golden locks are now missing.
EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Never-Seen Photos From ‘Prometheus’
Theron was spotted sporting a shaved head hidden under a bowler hat while walking around Beverly Hills with her 6-month-old son Jackson on Monday. (Watch the video from E! News below).
PHOTOS: MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet: Best and Worst
The actress shaved her head for her role in upcoming action film, Mad Max: Fury Road, a rep confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter. Theron will play Furiosa in the long-delayed project, which is set to start filming this summer in Namibia, Africa. Directed by George Miller, the fourth film in the franchise also stars Tom Hardy.
Theron, who’s been attached to the project since 2009, has changed her physical appearance for a film before. For 2003’s Monster, she gained about 30 pounds, had her eyebroys partially shaved and bleached and wore prosthetic dentures to push out her mouth slightly.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day