- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Charlize Theron is in discussions to star in Murder Mystery, a comedy whodunit that John Madden, director of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, has come board to helm.
EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Never-Seen Photos From ‘Prometheus’
Endgame and Tower Hill are behind the project, which has a script by James Vanderbilt, the writer behind Zodiac and the upcoming White House Down.
Theron will also produce via her Denver and Delilah Productions banner, joining Tripp Vinson, Beau Flynn and Vanderbilt, along with Endgame Entertainment’s James D. Stern and Tower Hill’s William Shively.
Murder Mystery is described as “an affectionate deconstruction of an Agatha Christie-style thriller” and concerns an American couple on honeymoon who are implicated in a murder they witnessed.
PHOTOS: MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet: Best and Worst
The project once was set up at Disney, with Tower Hill picking it up in turnaround. Kevin McDonald was previously on board as director.
Madden, repped by CAA and Bloom Hergott, counts among his credits Shakespeare in Love — the best picture Oscar winner for which he earned a directing nom — and The Debt. The dramedy Marigold Hotel has proved to be the indie hit of the year, grossing a surprising $113 million worldwide.
Theron, repped by WME, One Talent Management and Hansen Jacobson, is onscreen with two hits: Snow White and the Huntsman and Prometheus.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day