- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tully, starring Charlize Theron, was originally set to open April 20 nationwide, but will now bow May 4, closer to Mother’s Day (May 13).
The Focus Features film marks a reteaming for Reitman, Theron and writer Diablo Cody, the trio behind 2011’s Young Adult.
In the pic, Theron plays a mother of three, including a newborn, and forms a bond with a young nanny named Tully (Mackenzie Davis). Ron Livingston and Mark Duplass round out the cast.
Tully played at this year’s Sundance Film Festival, where it nabbed the coveted secret screening slot.
For Reitman and Focus, the Avengers shift may have been a blessing in disguise, but for other films, it wasn’t welcome news. Warner Bros. and New Line quickly moved up Dwayne Johnson’s video game adaptation Rampage from April 20 to April 13. Rampage‘s producers wanted to preserve a two-week cushion, say insiders.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day