- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
What would you do for a few hundred dollars?
That’s the concept at the heart of the dark comedy/horror film Cheap Thrills, which premiered at this year’s South by Southwest Film Festival and was quickly picked up by Drafthouse Films. The movie doesn’t yet have a U.S. release date, but its deal with Drafthouse included a minimal theatrical commitment, VOD and home entertainment.
The first international trailer debuted over the weekend.
In the movie, Pat Healy plays a recently fired man (Pat) in need of cash and facing eviction. The trailer shows him commiserating with Ethan Embry‘s character, Vince, who explains that he once broke a man’s arm for $80 while his daughter watched.
While out one night, Pat and Vince meet Colin and Violet, played by Anchorman‘s David Koechner and Sara Paxton. The two have $250,000 that they offer to Pat and Vince in various denominations based on whoever does the increasingly crazy and violent things Koechner’s character asks of them.
The movie was directed by first-time filmmaker E.L. Katz.
Watch the full trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day