- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK – Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton, who has served as a special correspondent for NBC News since late last year, is close to extending her three-month contract with the broadcast network’s news division, the New York Times reported.
The daughter of former President Bill Clinton and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton has contributed Making a Difference segments to the NBC Nightly News and also appeared on Rock Center With Brian Williams.
Some observers slammed NBC News for bringing Clinton on board. But NBC News president Steve Capus defended the hiring of Clinton saying it was not as a publicity stunt and promising to keep her away from political news coverage.
Clinton’s debut drew mixed reviews from media critics. A spokeswoman for NBC declined to comment on Clinton’s contract situation, according to the Times.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day