- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cher is heading back to the big screen for the first time in seven years.
The singer-actress has joined the cast of Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, the all-star sequel to the global musical hit.
Cher’s character details are being kept under wraps. She teased out the news over the weekend with several tweets.
— Cher (@cher) October 15, 2017
Here We Go Again reunites Meryl Streep, Julie Walters, Christine Baranski, Amanda Seyfried, Dominic Cooper, Pierce Brosnan, Stellan Skarsgard and Colin Firth.
The movie also has younger versions of the characters portrayed by the veterans, played by Lily James, Alexa Davies, Jessica Keenan Wynn, Jeremy Irvine, Josh Dylan and Hugh Skinner.
Ol Parker, writer of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, penned the script from a story concocted by himself, Catherine Johnson and Richard Curtis. Parker is also directing the movie, which is currently in production.
The role will mark Cher’s first movie appearance since 2010’s Burlesque, in which she co-starred with Christina Aguilera. She has been nominated twice for an Academy Award, winning a best actress statuette for her work in 1987’s Moonstruck.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day