- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Actor Cheyenne Jackson married partner Monte Lapka, a physicist, on Saturday.
“It’s official, after 11 years together, Zora’s no longer a bastard,” Jackson tweeted, referring to the couple’s dog. “Married the best man I’ve ever known.”
The actor, who stars as the coach of rival singing group Vocal Adrenaline on Glee and is a frequent guest star on 30 Rock, is openly gay and a longtime supporter of LGBT rights groups. Both grooms wore white for the ceremony, which occurred on the beach in the Hamptons.
New York State passed a bill to legalize same-sex marriage in June. Nearly a year ago, however, Jackson described his dream wedding to NBC New York.
“Something small,” he said. “My dream wedding involves just close friends and good music. And we’ll both be in tuxes. Unfortunately nobody’s going to be wearing a dress, but that’s okay too.
“Our dog would be there. Our dog—our daughter—Zora… Pretty boring, but something just nice and on the beach.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day