- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bliss Media on Monday announced that it has partnered with CODI Capital Group to launch the Bliss-CODI Film & TV Investment Fund, backed by $150 million.
Bliss Media’s founder and CEO Wei Han and CODI Capital Group’s Xiaodi Li will co-manage the fund, which will concentrate on international film and television equity investment. The first round of funding will invest in several projects with international distribution. Investment targets of the fund will be provided exclusively by Bliss Media and jointly evaluated and greenlighted by the fund’s management. Bliss Media also will handle the distribution of all the projects in China.
The deal was brokered by CAA.
Shanghai- and Los Angeles-based Bliss Media most recently acquired a stake in Insiders, alongside Wild Bunch and Cine France. The company launched the Yoozoo Bliss Film Fund, a $100 million equity fund designed to finance 10 international productions and Chinese co-productions over five years.
Bliss Media is developing S.M.A.R.T Chase: Fire and Earth and Michael Mann’s Enzo Ferrari. The company financed and executive produced Pablo Larraín’s Jackie starring Natalie Portman and acquired Chinese distribution rights to Mel Gibson’s Hacksaw Ridge starring Andrew Garfield.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day