- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A rep from Hishow said the acquisition was made months ago, long before the current underage sexual harassment scandal that has engulfed the film’s star, Kevin Spacey. The company declined to comment further on how Spacey’s involvement might affect their plans.
All the Money in the World tells the real-life story of the 1973 kidnapping of billionaire J. Paul Getty’s grandson, and the subsequent ransom request and struggle to reclaim the young heir. Mark Wahlberg, Michelle Williams and Charlie Plummer are also among the cast.
An emerging boutique production house and distributor, Beijing-based Hishow previously was involved in the Chinese release of The Imitation Game, starring Benedict Cumberbatch, which earned $8.6 million there. Earlier this year the company signed a deal with Nu Image/Millennium Films to co-finance and co-produce the thrillers Hunter Killer (starring Gerard Butler, Gary Oldman and Billy Bob Thornton) and Escobar (Penelope Cruz, Javier Bardem and Peter Sarsgaard).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Monday Night Football