- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
LONDON – Chinese star Annie Yi will serve as the Chinese ambassador for the Berlin Film Festival’s 2012 Shooting Stars showcase crop of young European talent.
Chinese jewellery company Tesiro, marking its fourth year as a supporter of the European Film Promotion’s Shooting Stars event, will be introducing an ambassador from its home country for the first time.
Yi is expected to be on hand during the festival and the Shooting Stars’ events which culminates in one of the 10 fresh faces from Europe honored on the festival stage with an award.
Swedish actor Bill Skarsgard (Simon and the Oaks), Britain’s Riz Ahmed (Four Lions) and Anna Maria Muhe (Love in Thoughts) of Germany are among the young European talents picked.
The other up-and-coming talents taking part in the 2012 Shooting Stars include Romanian actress Ana Ularu (Lost and Found), France’s Adele Haenel (The Devils), Ireland’s Antonia Campbell-Hughes (Albert Nobbs), and Polish actor Jakub Gierszal (Suicide Room).
Icelandic soccer player turned actor Hilmar Gudkonsson, who had a bit part in Clint Eastwood’s Flags of Our Fathers and 18-year-old Swiss actor Max Hubacher with his first film role last year as the lead in Mike Schaerer’s cancer drama Stationspiraten also feature alongside Isabella Ragonese from Italy in the lineup.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day