- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
HONG KONG – China’s Nasdaq listed pay-per-view and video-on-demand service YOU On Demand has inked a deal with Chinese cable operator Dalian Tiantu Cable Network to distribute film content through the latter’s Transactional Video On Demand (TVOD) and Subscription Video On Demand services.
YOU On Demand’s SVOD and “CHC Cinema On Demand” services, which cover hundreds of Hollywood and domestic Chinese titles, respectively, will be available to Dalian’s 1.6 million cable subscribers in China by the end of 2012. The deal will boost YOU On Demand’s cable distribution in China to 5.5 million homes.
YOU On Demand currently has content deals with major Hollywood studios including Warner Bros. Entertainment, Disney Media Distribution, Paramount Pictures, Lionsgate, Miramax and Magnolia Pictures, a selection of titles from independent and Chinese filmmakers, and strategic partnerships with the largest media entities in China.
“YOU On Demand is actively focused on continuing to grow our distribution platform as we deliver the world’s best content to customers in the comfort of their homes,” said Chairman and CEO of YOU On Demand Shane McMahon.