- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Vincent D’Onofrio, coming off his buzz-generating performance as a villain in Netflix’s Daredevil, is in negotiations to play the bad guy in CHiPs, Warner Bros.’ big-screen take on the classic 1970s cop show.
Dax Shepard and Michael Pena are inhabiting the roles of the motorcycling police officers and best friends Jon Baker and Frank Poncherello, with Shepard also serving as director and screenplay co-writer. (Paul Kaplan and Mark Torgove wrote the previous draft.)
Plot details are being kept holstered, but it does involve an exotic-car theft ring.
D’Onofrio will play the auto-stealing ringleader, a ruthless former cop.
Andrew Panay is producing. Jesse Ehrman and Nik Mavinkurve are overseeing for the studio.
D’Onofrio spent ten years starring in Law & Order: Criminal Intent, and when the show wrapped in 2011 slowly entered the feature world. But it’s only recently that he’s become a wanted man, partly due to his memorable performance as criminal underworld leader Wilson Fisk in Daredevil, the Marvel Studios TV show that hit Netflix in April.
He’s since bagged a leading role in The Magnificent Seven remake with Denzel Washington and Chris Pratt and will be seen in Jurassic World (also with Pratt).
He is repped by UTA, Silver Lining Entertainment and Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day