- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chloë Grace Moretz and Rupert Grint have joined the all-star cast of The Drummer, the biopic of Beach Boys drummer Dennis Wilson from directing and writing duo Randall Miller and Jody Savin
Aaron Eckhart is portraying Wilson while Vera Farmiga is playing Fleetwood Mac member and Wilson’s lover Christine McVie in the project tackling the last six years of Wilson’s life (he died in 1983), when the singer-songwriter released his acclaimed solo album Pacific Ocean Blue.
Moretz will play Wilson’s daughter, Jennifer Wilson, who was there while the musician went through the darkest days of his life. Grint will portray Stan Shapiro, the wide-eyed William Morris mailroom intern who became a close friend and confidante to the man.
The film will begin shooting June 15 in locations in California and Savannah, Georgia.
Moretz last co-starred in Hugo. Grint is best known for playing Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter movies.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day