- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chris Cornell will be laid to rest in Los Angeles on Friday, according to the Associated Press.
A private funeral service at Hollywood Forever Cemetery is planned for the late rock vocalist, attorney Kirk Pasich said.
Cornell was found dead in his Detroit hotel room Wednesday night at the age of 52. He died after committing suicide by hanging himself, the Wayne County Medical Examiner’s Office ruled.
“Without the results of toxicology tests, we do not know what was going on with Chris — or if any substances contributed to his demise,” Pasich said in a statement.
The night of his death, Cornell performed with Soundgarden at Detroit’s Fox Theatre, where he was reported as being in “fine form and spirits” and even referenced “the next place we play” during the concert. In the days leading up to Wednesday’s show, he seemed happy on social media, looking forward to upcoming tour dates and posting Mother’s Day messages to his wife and mom.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day