- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After months of Twitter teasing, we finally get our first look at Chris Hemsworth in Ron Howard‘s Rush.
The Oscar-winning director has tweeted plenty of photos from the various sets of his upcoming racing flick (as well as editing bay shots such as this one), in which Hemsworth plays the charismatic English Formula One driver James Hunt. Though his career was short-lived, Hunt went head-to-head with Austrian star racer Niki Lauda (played by Daniel Bruhl) for the Formula One title in ’76.
Joining Hemsworth and Bruhl in the film are Olivia Wilde and Natalie Dormer.
The film is now in post-production, with a debut date of September 2013 targeted by Universal. Howard recently tweeted that the long post-time comes thanks to complex sound editing required — which makes sense given the loud engines of race cars. He has also sent photos from various NASCAR races he’s attended, which he’s used as research.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
iHeartRadio Music Awards: Taylor Swift Honored With Innovator Award, Harry Styles Among Top Winners
Jonathan Majors Arrested and Charged With Assault, Lawyer Says Actor Is “Completely Innocent”
Jeremy Renner Shares Video Walking on Anti-Gravity Treadmill After Snowplow Accident: “Time for My Body to Rest and Recover”