- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chris Pratt has signed with UTA.
Pratt was one of the many actors, writers and directors in play when five agents — Jason Heyman, Martin Lesak, Greg Cavic, Nick Nuciforo and Gregory McKnight — left CAA in order to join UTA as partners. Pratt now joins his agent, Heyman, in the new digs.
Among the other actors in play are Will Ferrell, Melissa McCarthy and Seth Meyers.
Pratt is one of the biggest names on the five agents’ client lists. He became one of the industry’s most in-demand names with Guardians of the Galaxy. In addition to signing up for a The Magnificent Seven remake, he also is starring in this summer’s Jurassic World.
CAA brokered the Guardians deal and is likely to reap the benefits of Pratt’s Marvel movies. Pratt will be making major movies for years to come, and his name still is being whispered for an Indiana Jones remake. (Steven Spielberg is said to be a big fan of Pratt’s, explaining that the two bonded during the making of Jurassic World.)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day