- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Barack and Michelle Obama’s new deal to produce for Netflix has at least one longtime supporter a tad perturbed.
“I don’t want to live in a world where President Obama is worried about his Rotten Tomatoes score,” says Chris Rock, who two years ago signed a reported $40 million deal with the streamer for a pair of stand-up specials and who recently starred opposite Adam Sandler in the Netflix film The Week Of.
“I want him above that at all times. Make your money, but I don’t want [him] to be involved with that.” When pressed, though, Rock does offer one piece of showbiz advice to the former first couple. “I’d just send them over to Donald Glover,” he tells THR. “That’s what I’d do.”
This story first appeared in the June 6 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
iHeartRadio Music Awards: Taylor Swift Honored With Innovator Award, Harry Styles Among Top Winners
Jonathan Majors Arrested and Charged With Assault, Lawyer Says Actor Is “Completely Innocent”
Jeremy Renner Shares Video Walking on Anti-Gravity Treadmill After Snowplow Accident: “Time for My Body to Rest and Recover”