- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany – Christian Alvart, the German-born director of Pandorum starring Dennis Quaid and Case 39 with Rene Zellweger, will direct Til Schweiger (Inglourious Basterds) in the German movie star’s return to television.
According to German newspaper Hamburger Abendblatt, Alvart will direct an upcoming episode of hit local cop series Tatort, in which Schweiger will play the lead.
Alvart will shoot the Tatort episode starring Schweiger in September for broadcast later this year. Schweiger began his career in German television, but moved on to the big screen, where he is the country’s top box office draw.
Schweiger is also one of Germany’s most successful directors. His new film, the action thriller Guardian Angels, comes out next month.
Alvart has just wrapped shooting on his latest feature, the German-language action film Banklady, based on the true story of Germany’s first female bank robber. Studiocanal will release Banklady in Germany.