- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
James Mangold’s Ford v Ferrari marks the first collaboration between Christian Bale, 45, and Matt Damon, 49. At the Nov. 4 premiere of the Fox/Disney drama, the duo coincidentally appeared in nearly identical all-black looks (suit, shirt, no tie). But the twinning doesn’t end there: Damon and Bale share an agent (Endeavor’s Patrick Whitesell) and publicist (Viewpoint’s Jennifer Allen) too.
Bale joked that landing both stars was easy for Mangold because “he only had to talk Patrick into it,” while Damon said the experience of a shared team “makes it a lot easier,” while cautioning, “to be fair, we’ve both been with Patrick for a long time, but I’m Patrick’s first client. I’ve been with Patrick over 25 years, and Jen and I are now together almost 23 years. If it ain’t broke, don’t try to fix it.”
Damon was also quick to say with all the common denominators, there’s zero competition for the attention of their power publicist and power agent. “We each have the exact career we want and the life we want and they’re both a huge, integral part of that — and it just kind of works.”
A version of this story first appeared in the Nov. 13 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day