- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Christopher Guest is making his next mockumentary for Netflix.
The streamer said on Tuesday that Guest will make Mascots for Netflix, to debut in 2016. The movie, to mirror earlier mockumentaries like Best in Show and For Your Consideration, Guest’s last film, will be set around a mascot competition competing for top prize.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned “the usual Christopher Guest players” will star in Mascots, with shooting to start in Los Angeles in October 2015. Guest’s longtime collaborators include Eugene Levy, Catherine O’Hara and Parker Posey.
“Welcome to all the drama, intrigue and occasional excitement of The 8th World Mascot Association Championships, where a group of ‘unusual’ men and women, with big heads and furry suits, compete to win the prestigious gold fluffy award and be crowned best mascot in the world,” the flyer advertised.
UTA Independent Film Group, which represents Guest, brokered the Netflix deal.
Aug. 11, 1:00 p.m. Updated with casting details on Mascots and UTA representation.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day