- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
How I Met Your Mother writer and producer Chuck Tatham has signed on to executive produce the single-camera comedy Children Ruin Everything for Canadian producer New Metric Media and Bell Media.
Schitt’s Creek and Kim’s Convenience writer Kurt Smeaton created the sitcom about one couple’s struggle to hold on to themselves while raising kids. Children Ruin Everything follows Astrid and James as they try to balance being parents to two kids while maintaining who they were before raising a family.
New Metric Media is developing Children Ruin Everything for Canadian broadcaster Bell Media, with Canada-born Tatham, a former Arrested Development co-executive producer, backing the project. The Emmy-nominated writer-producer’s lengthy list of credits also includes Suddenly Susan, Less Than Perfect and Andy Barker, P.I., among others.
Alongside Tatham and Smeaton, Mark Montefiore, president of New Metric Media, will also executive produce. “We are incredibly excited to be working with Chuck, who is a legend, for many reasons but particularly when it comes to family comedy. Between Kurt and Chuck, we’ve got a killer hilarious team,” Montefiore said in a statement.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day