- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“I know I haven’t been fully a companion to you for some while,” Winston Churchill says in the above video. “This war requires the whole of me. And it’s no easy matter being a leader.”
Clementine adds, “It’s not that easy being married to one either, expected to stand behind you and prop you up…with good humor and unfailing kindness. I sometimes wish I could live my own life.”
The movie follows the British Prime Minister in the run-up to D-Day as he’s reluctant to embark on the large-scale campaign, afraid of repeating his mistakes from World War I, tired from years of battle and dealing with depression and questions of his historical significance.
Clementine, or “Clemmie,” provides strength and support along the way, inspiring him to greatness. The film also stars John Slattery as Dwight D. Eisenhower.
Churchill hits theaters June 2.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day