- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
L.A.-based designer Clare Vivier created a capsule collection of clutches, tees and sweatshirts in collaboration with the Focus Features film Suffragette, starring Meryl Streep, Helena Bonham Carter and Carey Mulligan. The film follows the early feminist movement in Britain and the women who fought the battle for equal rights.
The cast recently got into some hot water for wearing shirts for a publicity photo shoot in Time Out London with the phrase “I’d rather be a rebel than a slave” — a quote from a 1913 speech by women’s rights activist Emmeline Pankhurst — scrawled across the front. However, it’s safe to say that these accessories are far less controversial.
Starting at $99 for a t-shirt and topping out at $215 for a clutch, everyone can get in on a piece of the action, sold on ClareV.com. Twenty percent of the proceeds will directly benefit the nonprofit Every Mother Counts. The film hits theaters on Oct. 23.
Clutches, both lined with chambray.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day