- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Motion Picture & Television Fund is launching a three-year $350 million fundraising campaign–with $238 million already committed by Hollywood heavyweights.
“It’s been a really long two years for us, and today marks a real transformational moment,” Katzenberg said. “Given the challenges we’ve faced, this is a real miracle.”
Katzenberg and MPTF CEO Bob Beitcher said the money raised will guarantee a future for the charity as more and more baby boomers age (Clooney, who was born at the tail end of the baby boomer generation, smiled).
Taking the podium, Clooney recalled that when he first joined the board, Katzenberg warned, “‘you think the Sudan is difficult, try the MPTF.'”
Clooney said Jeffrey and his wife Marilyn made the first commitment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day