- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW DELHI — Mumbai-based Endemol India said Wednesday that it has appointed Venita Coelho to the newly created position of head of fiction, effective immediately.
Coelho comes from Sony Entertainment Television, where she was vp new product development.
“Endemol has largely been known for its format shows, and now we are moving into fiction in a big way,” Endemol India MD Rajesh Kamat said. “Venita has a creative background, and she will strengthen our offerings in fiction in the coming months.”
At SET, Coelho was involved with shows including the Indian version of “Ugly Betty.”
Since its launch in January 2006, Endemol India has produced nonfiction shows such as the Indian version of “Big Brother” and home-grown property “The Great Indian Laughter Challenge.”
Endemol’s upcoming slate includes a music talent show “Mission Ustaad” (Mission Master), which will also promote the United Nations’ Millennium Development Goals.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day