- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Coen Brothers aren’t shooting Big Lebowski 2, despite Tara Reid announcing the sequel in a recent interview.
“I’m glad she’s working on it,” Ethan joked in an interview with Austin360.com Thursday.
When asked if he and Joel have plans for a follow-up, he said, “Well, we don’t but we’ll watch it when it comes out.” Added Joel, “Especially if Tara’s in it.”
Reid, who appeared in the original, started the rumors at a recent Comedy Club benefit show. Watch below.
“I have a movie coming out called The Fields,” she said. “I have another one coming out that I produced with my brother, called The Irishman. And we’ll be doing American Pie 4 this year and Big Lebowski 2 this year.”
(In July, Bridges told MTV he had spoken about doing a second film, but nothing was planned: “No, no, no, I don’t think it’s gonna happen… But if it happens — what a wonderful surprise!”)
A rep for Reid explained the gaffe to Entertainment Weekly: “She heard Jeff Bridges say that he wanted to make Big Lebowski 2 and have all the original cast members in it, so she may have misspoke, thinking that included her based on what Jeff said.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day