- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Collective Digital Studio is changing its name to Studio71, the company announced on Wednesday.
The rebranding comes after last summer’s merger between the Los Angeles-based digital network and German TV giant ProSiebenSat.1.
Prior to the merger, ProSieben operated a multi-channel network by the name of Studio71. The merger gave ProSieben a 75 percent stake in the newly combined Collective Studio71, with the remaining 25 percent held by the CDS founders.
The newly renamed Studio71 will continue to be managed by a five-member board of executives chaired by ProSieben’s Christof Wahl. Studio71’s founders will focus on the European market while CDS founders Michael Green and Reza Izad will remain responsible for the Americas and other English-speaking territories.
“With the merger, we instantly become a global player,” said Wahl, noting that “now we are focused on dynamic growth so operating together under the Studio71 banner will make us even more impactful.”
Added Green: “Our stellar growth in 2015 is due in no small part to ProSiebenSat.1, which is one of the world’s most forward-thinking media corporations. We are poised for even greater growth in 2016.”
The combined company, which has 3.5 billion views per month, is readying the spring premiere of digital release Natural Born Pranksters starring YouTubers VitalyzdTV, Roman Atwood and Dennis Roady. Additional projects include an adaptation of James Patterson’s Maximum Ride and a film starring Viner Matthew Espinosa.
Studio71 also works with digital stars Lilly Singh and Rhett & Link.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Mindy Kaling, Bruce Springsteen, Julia Louis-Dreyfus Among Honorees of White House’s National Medals of Arts
Ed Sheeran Goes on Intimate Journey in New Disney+ Docuseries ‘Ed Sheeran: The Sum of It All’
Mark Twain Prize
Adam Sandler’s Starry Friends Toast His Comic Legacy as He Receives Mark Twain Humor Prize
Jason Ritter Jokes His First Hollywood Job Was a “Full-on Nepotism Hire” Thanks to His Dad John Ritter