- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The deal is said to be in the $1 million range and, seeing as the script just hit studios yesterday, shows that with the right material, the spec market still has the occasional throbbing pulse despite years of decline.
Even more noteworthy is that Kahn embodies the out-of-nowhere, rags-to-riches dream: She has for the past several years acted as McKay¹s assistant at Gary Sanchez. The job allowed her to work on several shorts (which she wrote and directed), and she was able to hone her comedic touch.
He¹s F***ing Perfect is the story of one woman, pessimistic in love, who regularly uses the Internet to research the men her friends are dating, acting as a vetting device for them to weed out losers. Things take a turn when she gets a friend to dump her new guy in order for the woman to steal the man for herself, using her social media savvy to turn herself into his perfect match.
Kahn, repped by WME, is also working on a book titled Is This Guy For Real, which aims to be a female version of the sexploits told by Tucker Max, a no-holds barred collection of awful dates, hookups and sex stories from women.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day