- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Canadian sketch comedy troupe Picnicface, a local YouTube sensation, is ready for primetime.
The Canadian cable channel Comedy Network has ordered 13 half-hours of Picnicface from indie producer Breakthrough Entertainment, to be executive produced and showrun by Mark McKinney (Kids in the Hall).
The sketch comedy series, to be shot in Halifax, Nova Scotia, will expandon Picnicface’s fast-paced, mash-up comedy that has proved a hit on online video websites.
“Irreverent and incredibly hilarious, we’re preparing to unleash the international Haligonian Internet phenomenon, Picnicface, on our viewers,” Comedy Network vp Millan Curry-Sharples, said.
The eight-person Picnicface sketch troupe includes Andrew Bush, Kyle Dooley, Cheryl Hann, Mark Little, Brian MacQuarrie, Evany Rosen, Scott Vrooman and Bill Wood.
The troupe just wrapped production on its first feature film, RollerTown, which was produced in Halifax by Jay Dahl and Bill Niven.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day