- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Coming 2 America may be coming to Amazon.
The sequel to the classic Eddie Murphy comedy is in talks to jump from Paramount to the streaming-focused studio. While a deal for Coming 2 America has not yet closed, the two studios have previously brokered a deal for Michael B. Jordan starrer Without Remorse.
Paramount declined the comment on the deal, while Amazon could not be reached for comment.
Coming 2 America would be the latest theater-bound movie headed to streaming amid continued theatrical closures due to the coronavirus pandemic. Paramount sold Trial of the Chicago 7 and romantic comedy The Lovebirds to Netflix, while Tom Hanks WWII drama Greyhound jumped from Sony to Apple and Clouds moved from Warner Bros. to Disney+, among other deals.
Coming 2 America, which was set for a mid-December theatrical release, will see Murphy return as Prince Akeem, now set to become king, discovering he has a son he never knew about, a street-savvy Queens native named Lavelle. Honoring his father’s dying wish to groom his son as a newly crowned prince, Akeem must once again return to America.
Wesley Snipes, Leslie Jones, KiKi Layne, Arsenio Hall, James Earl Jones and Shari Headley also star.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day