- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gilllian Jacobs will have a one-night stand with Steve Carell.
The actress, best known for her work on NBC’s Community, is joining Burt Wonderstone, New Line’s magician comedy starring Carell as a traditional magician who is dethroned by a hipper illusionist (Jim Carrey). He breaks up with his partner and must find a way to rediscover his love for magic.
Jacobs will play a woman who meets Carell at one of his shows and hooks up with him.
Brad Garrett, James Gandolfini, Olivia Wilde and Steve Buscemi are in the cast of the production, currently shooting in Las Vegas and Los Angeles under the direction of Don Scardino (30 Rock). Benderspink and Carousel Productions are producing.
Jacobs’s next stint on the big-screen will be in Seeking a Friend at the End of the World, screenwriter’s Lorene Scafaria’s directorial debut which also stars Carell.
She is repped by UTA, Principal Entertainment and Lichter Grossman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day