- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Community actress Gillian Jacobs is joining the cast of Mandate’s Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. Lorene Scafaria wrote the script and is making her directorial debut on the pic.
Focus is distributing the movie domestically, which sees Steve Carell and Keira Knightley embark on a trip to find Carell’s lost love set against the backdrop of an asteroid hurtling towards Earth.
Jacobs will play a waitress high on Ecstasy the duo meet on their journey
The movie, which also counts William Petersen, Adam Brody, Rob Corddry and Derek Luke among its cast, began shooting in Los Angeles this week.
Jacobs plays the love interest of Joel McHale in NBC’s Community, one of TV’s more geekier shows. Film-wise, she appeared in Choke opposite Sam Rockwell and Gardens of the Night opposite John Malkovich.
She is repped by UTA and Principal Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day