- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Conan the Barbarian might be officially returning to Marvel’s comic book line in January 2019, but Robert E. Howard’s fantasy hero will actually debut at the publisher a month earlier — on the covers of other comic books, at least.
To mark the launch of the new Conan titles, Marvel will run special variant covers featuring the character facing off against famous heroes and villains from its back catalog, with 10 covers released in December focusing on Conan fighting Marvel heroes, and a further 10 in January showing him facing off against Marvel villains.
Titles included in the promotional effort include Amazing Spider-Man — which will run three covers in total, with Nos. 11, 12 and 14 being part of the promotion — as well as Black Panther, Immortal Hulk, Avengers and Uncanny X-Men. Artists participating include Dave Johnson, Greg Smallwood and Jerome Opena.
Conan the Barbarian, the first of the new Marvel titles featuring the character, will be released Jan. 2, 2019.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day