- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Connie Britton will play Beth Ailes, the wife of late Fox News chief Roger Ailes, in the star-studded drama about the embattled news network.
Britton joins John Lithgow, who will portray Ailes, as well as Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman and Margot Robbie, who will play Megyn Kelly, Gretchen Carlson and an associate producer, respectively. Malcolm McDowell is set to play media mogul Rupert Murdoch.
Jay Roach is directing from a script by The Big Short scribe Charles Randolph, which centers on the women who took on the famed toxic male culture at the news network.
The untitled project was previously set up at Annapurna, which dropped the movie two weeks before production was set to begin. Bron Studios is currently financing the movie, with Lionsgate in final talks to finance and distribute.
Britton, who is repped by WME, Untitled and Hansen Jacobson, will next be seen in Bravo series based on the popular podcast of the same name, Dirty John, which also exec produced. The four time Emmy nominee’s recent film credits include Nicole Holofcener’s Land of Steady Habits and Professor Marston and the Wonder Woman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day