- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Crazy Rich Asians star Constance Wu is in talks to star in an untitled romantic comedy for Screen Gems.
Kimmy Gatewood, who plays one of the Old Bitties wrestlers on Netflix’s GLOW, is in talks to make her feature directorial debut on the project, which is being produced by Elizabeth Banks and Max Handelman via their Brownstone Productions banner. Brownstone’s Alison Small will executive produce.
The script, written by Savion Einstein, tells of a charmingly chaotic woman who has to get her life together when she becomes pregnant with two babies from two different men. (Superfecundation is a real thing.)
Wu, the breakout star of ABC’s acclaimed comedy Fresh Off the Boat, ascended into movie stardom with Crazy Rich Asians, the pop cultural phenom rom-com that has made more than $173 million at the domestic box office. She is expected to return for the sequels.
Gatewood is a writer-actress who is part of the ensemble of the well-regarded wrestling dramedy GLOW. She also has directed shorts, as well as episodic television.
Wu is repped by UTA, Principal Entertainment and the Gotham Group. Gatewood is with Gersh and Haven Entertainment. Einstein is repped by Gersh and Bellevue Productions.
Sony had no comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day