- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hanks’ rep confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter on Monday that the pair remain under quarantine in the house.
The Hollywood couple, both 63, had announced their diagnoses on Wednesday, revealing on social media that after experiencing some body aches and slight fevers, they were tested for the virus and were found to be positive.
Hanks had traveled to Australia to begin filming Baz Luhrmann’s Elvis Presley biopic for Warner Bros. In response to the actor’s diagnosis, the studio has halted production on the film.
Wilson had made several appearances, including a singing performance at the Sydney Opera House. An Australian entertainment reporter who met Wilson after that show has tested positive.
Hanks and Wilson are believed to have contracted the coronavirus in the U.S., or in transit from there, according to officials from Queensland Health, the Australian government department overseeing the outbreak of the disease in that state.
Since making the announcement, Hanks has been providing updates on his and Wilson’s status via social media, with his latest post coming late Sunday night.
On Monday, Idris Elba became the latest Hollywood star to reveal that he had tested positive for the virus.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day