- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Three of the costume designers nominated for an Oscar — Jacqueline Durran (Anna Karenina), Paco Delgado (Les Miserables) and Joanna Johnston (Lincoln) — appear on the just-released Costume Designers Guild list of period-film nominees. Historically, period films rule at the Oscars.
In the contemporary category, the nominees are Beasts of the Southern Wild (Stephani Lewis), The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (Louise Stjernsward), Silver Linings Playbook (Mark Bridges), Skyfall (Jany Temime) and Zero Dark Thirty (George L. Little).
The Costume Designers Guild Awards will held Feb. 19, the last guild awards before the Oscars on Feb. 24.
Delgado, Durran, Johnston and Atwood also are nominated for BAFTA costume awards, which take place Feb. 10. And for those who are keeping score, Durran — previously Oscar-nominated for Pride & Prejudice and Atonement — won the Critics’ Choice Costume Design Award this month.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day