- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Courteney Cox is engaged to Snow Patrol musician Johnny McDaid, her boyfriend of six months.
The 50-year-old Cougar Town star announced her impending marriage to the 37-year-old Northern Ireland native in a celebratory tweet on Thursday, simply saying: “I’m engaged to him!”
The couple began dating in late 2013 and were first seen out together at Jennifer Aniston‘s holiday party that December.
They have since collaborated on her new film, Just Before I Go, which she directed.
“Snow Patrol wrote three original songs for this movie. I’m really fortunate. It’s amazing, all the musical things that he brought to it,” Cox told People at the premiere in April. Of McDaid’s contributions, she added: “I couldn’t be happier. It really elevates the film in so many ways.”
The former Friends star was previously married to actor David Arquette and they have a 10-year-old daughter, Coco. The pair have remained amicable since their separation in 2010, and their divorce was finalized in May 2013.
I’m engaged to him! pic.twitter.com/gsFtZkb3Bk
— Courteney Cox (@CourteneyCox) June 27, 2014
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day