- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
James Charles has a lot on his plate: As the first-ever male ambassador for CoverGirl, he’s been busy doing the endorsement circuit, keeping up with his fans on social media, uploading a weekly beauty video to YouTube for his 162K subscribers — and finishing high school. Yep, Charles is only 17 years old.
“I just broke down. It was such an emotional moment!” Charles revealed about learning of his groundbreaking role. However, he adds, there were no tears. “Absolutely not! I was in the middle of my makeup! On the inside I was crying … but there was no mascara running.”
The New York native, best known for his dramatic eye-makeup looks, his bold brows and his signature backward leather baseball cap, sat down with Pret-a-Reporter to talk about being self-taught (“I learned from YouTube tutorials”), his must-have beauty products (a Beautyblender and eyebrow pencil, natch) and his favorite beauty shop in Los Angeles (“The Morphe store is my all-time favorite place in L.A.”).
Watch below to hear his tips, as well as his thoughts on the future of men and makeup.
Morphe Brushes: 3424 W. Magnolia Blvd., Burbank, CA 91505
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day