- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
For her debut segment on 60 Minutes, Oprah Winfrey conducted a focus group evenly divided between Trump supporters and Trump opponents. The results weren’t pretty.
The meeting took place in Michigan, and despite the hope that it would demonstrate the truthfulness of the expression “West Michigan nice,” it failed to bridge the seemingly intractable gap between the two groups. This may have been a microcosm of what’s going on among the electorate, but it was telling.
The group included voters of different genders, races and ethnicities. Each was paid $100 for their troubles, which goes to show that Trump is indeed helping to reduce unemployment. It probably won’t come as a surprise that his biggest supporters were mostly middle-aged white guys.
“I love it!” one said about the first eight months of Trump’s presidency. “Every day I love him more and more. I love what he’s doing to this country.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day