- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Fox 2000 title, based on the best-selling 2018 novel by A.J. Finn, had been set to open Oct. 4, a prime date for awards movies and commercial adult fare such as Gone Girl. It now will hit theaters May 15, 2020.
Disney inherited the movie upon acquiring the 20th Century Fox film empire. As The Hollywood Reporter previously reported, reshoots were needed, but Adams wasn’t available until this month. Joe Wright is directing, with Scott Rudin producing.
In a twinned move, the studio also announced it is pushing Cruella from Dec. 23, 2020, to May 28, 2021, the beginning of the lucrative Memorial Day weekend. Emma Stone stars as Cruella de Vil, the villain of the 1961 animated classic 101 Dalmatians.
It’s not a surprise that Disney is moving Cruella, since Steven Spielberg’s West Side Story — another property inherited in the Fox deal — is set to open over Christmas 2020.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day