- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Crystal Swan, a Belarus/Germany/Russia/U.S. co-production directed by Darya Zhuk, was awarded the Grand Prix of Odessa International Film Festival at the closing ceremony held in the Ukrainian port city July 21.
Pity, by Greek director Babis Makridis, picked up the international competition’s best film award. Makridis also collected the best director award.
The jury’s special mention went to the Romania-France film Pororoca, directed by Constantin Popescu.
Victor Polster collected the best performance award for Girl by Belgian director Lukas Dhont.
Home Games by Alisa Kovalenko, co-produced by Ukraine, France and Poland, was awarded the best European documentary prize.
Delta, directed by Oleksandr Techynskyi, collected the best film award in the Ukrainian national competition.
British Golden Globe-winning actress Jaqueline Bisset collected a lifetime achievement Golden Duke award.
Odessa IFF, Ukraine’s main international film event, was held for the ninth time this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day