- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Could be the Tim Tebow Factor reaching into Canada.
The popularity north of the border of National Football League telecasts and Fox’s American Idol has Canadian broadcaster Bell Media this Sunday juggling its primetime lineup on CTV.
And ABC’s Pan Am episode Sunday will air next Tuesday night on CTV.
That will clear the deck for CTV to air this Sunday CBS’s AFC championship game between Baltimore Ravens and the New England Patriots from 3 p.m., followed by Fox’s NFC championship game between the New York Giants and the San Fransisco 49ers from 6:30 p.m.
The twin NFL telecasts will in turn be followed on CTV by a special audition episode of American Idol from 10 p.m.
CTV airs the 1 p.m. NFL game Sunday, and as part of its league package has the rights to NFL playoff games which air later in the day, as will happen this Sunday.
CTV, Canada’s top-rated network, will also air NBC’s upcoming Super Bowl telecast.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day