- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
U.S. distribution rights to the religious cult documentary Holy Hell have been acquired by FilmRise, the company said Wednesday.
The film, which premiered in January at the Sundance Film Festival, takes a look inside a secretive cult formed in West Hollywood in the 1980s. A former member, Will Allen, directed the doc.
Allen, Alexandra Johnes and ex-cult member Tracey Harnish produced Holy Hell, along with Michael C. Donaldson, Cheryl Sanders, Julian Goldstein and Oscar-winning actor Jared Leto.
“Following its headline-making run at Sundance, we are elated to be bringing this gripping film to audiences come spring,” FilmRise CEO Danny Fisher said in a statement. “Ultimately this is a remarkable film about the human condition, and I am confident that audiences will be engrossed by this captivating story, told by those who lived it.”
Holy Hell will be released theatrically on May 20.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day