- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – This should drain the swimming pool: The CW has decided against ordering a third season of The L.A. Complex.
A network spokesperson on Thursday said the U.S. network is parting ways with the steamy soap about Canadians chasing the Hollywood dream in Los Angeles.
The decision follows indie producer Epitome Pictures scrambling in recent weeks to keep The L.A. Complex alive after Canada’s MuchMusic channel decided not to order a third season.
Losing its key North American distributors could well spell the end of the Canadian series, which was created and executive produced by Martin Gero.
Gero wrote for HBO’s Bored to Death before returning to Canada to write the homegrown drama tailored for the U.S. market.
The series was sold to 170 territories outside Canada.
The ensemble cast included Jonathan Patrick Moore and Cassie Steele (Degrassi).
The L.A. Complex was executive produced by Stephen Stohn and Linda Schuyler of Epitome Pictures.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day