- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BANFF, Alberta – Canada’s Whizbang Films and Take 5 Productions have come on board as co-producers of CW’s Reign.
The Canadian producers will shoot 12 episodes of the CBS Television Studios drama about Mary Queen of Scots’ rise to power when she arrives in France as a 15-year-old, betrothed to Prince Francis, amid fierce foes, dark forces and a world of sexual intrigue.
Production will start in Toronto at the end of July, with Megan Follows and Adelaide Kane starring.
Toby Regbo, Torrance Combs, Celina Sinden, Jenessa Grant, Caitlin Stasey and Anna Popplewell round out the ensemble cast.
Whizbang Films and Take 5 Productions are also tapped by CBS and CW to shoot the second season of Beauty and the Beast, which stars Kristin Kreuk, after completing the first season in spring 2012.
“Our teaming up with Take 5 Productions is proving to be an incredibly dynamic and fruitful partnership,” said Frank Siracusa, president and CEO of Whizbang Films, in a statement.
Take 5 is also co-producing the second season of Vikings.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day