- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The CW has announced early pickups for five of its series.
The Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, Supernatural and 90210 will return for the 2011-12 season. America’s Next Top Model has been picked up for two more cycles, including its first all-star edition featuring models from previous cycles.
Vampire Diaries, returning for a third round, continues to be the CW’s most-watched drama averaging 4 million viewers, and is its top show in the women 18-34 demographic (2.9).
Although Gossip Girl has dipped in the ratings, the Josh Schwartz-developed drama will be back for Season 5. It ranks second in the women 18-34 demo.
Supernatural has been a solid performer on Friday nights this season, boosting the network’s performance by 66 percent in adults 18-34 and 60 percent in viewers from the previous year. 90210 will return for a fourth season.
All five series return this fall.
No official decision has been made on bubble shows Hellcats, Nikita and One Tree Hill.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Tracee Ellis Ross