- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cynthia Erivo was joined by her glam squad, makeup artist Terrell Mullin and hairstylist Coree Moreno, to discuss her beauty inspirations and how the team achieves different looks for major red carpet events.
The Harriet star is very much an early riser, and works out at 4 a.m. She does not drink coffee at that time, instead opting for herbal tea. She loves her eyes and her lips and works with Mullin to accentuate them in unique and original ways, but her favorite look is chestnut lip liner.
Hairstylist Coree Moreno gave a tutorial about how to get Cynthia Orivo’s hairstyle for the fall style issue. “I created more of a updo style to accent her face because she has gorgeous cheek bones and it’s a fun way to kind of change your look without trying too hard,” Moreno said. “Quick pin situation and you have a magical moment, like so.”
Makeup artist Mullin broke down how he created a dramatic, playful eye for Tony Award-winner Erivo. “You don’t wanna do one quick stroke,” Mullin said. “You want to create the shape of the eye and make sure you hit that.” He described the technique, “as though you’re painting, because you want to make sure you really get in to the crease of the eyelid.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day