- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sex and the City star Cynthia Nixon is a married woman.
After getting engaged at a rally supporting same-sex marriage in New York three years ago, the 46-year-old Nixon and longtime girlfriend Christine Marinoni, 45, wed Sunday, People reports.
Nixon wore a custom-made dress by designer Carolina Herrera for the wedding ceremony.
No other details were provided.
Nixon has two children from a previous marriage to Danny Mozes. She and Marinoni, who also have a son named Max Ellington Nixon-Marinoni, have been together since 2004.
Same-sex marriage became legal in New York last year.
In January, Nixon found herself in hot water when she said, “I understand that for many people it’s not, but for me, it’s a choice, and you don’t have to define my gayness for me.”
Nixon recently scored a Tony nomination for her lead role in the play Wit.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day